Monday, April 5, 2021

A Wolf After My Own Heart

A Wolf After My Own Heart (BeWere My Heart, #2)A Wolf After My Own Heart by MaryJanice Davidson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

WOAH - this book took me on a ride! To be fair, I have not read book#1 in this series, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into, for sure.

Lila is... amazing. She is unflappable, super weird, and just one of the best characters I've met in a long time. Sure, she's got a backstory that explains some things, but not everything, which leaves me loving her even more. She's just moved in to town, relocated her very strange business, and rescued a bear cub and, somehow, things just get weirder from there. Oz is drawn to her in a totally not creepy shifter way. There might be fate at work here, but no matter what, these lovely oddballs are perfect for one another.

The cast of characters here is INSANE. Each is so awesomely strange and quirky that how could I not love them all? The larger story here is... pretty twisty turny. There's missing people who are presumed dead but might not be dead. There's mysterious strangers who fly planes for a living. There's possible sabotage and spies around every corner! Throw all that together with some fires and lots of sarcasm and you get the wonderful world that I stumbled into (already in progress). I couldn't put this darn thing down!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment