Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Review: Always Be My Banshee

Always Be My Banshee Always Be My Banshee by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These audiobooks are simply the best. They never fail to put a big smile on my face and entertain me.

This book follows 2 newcomers to Mystic Bayou. Since most of the regulars are all paired up, it only makes sense to introduce some new blood. Cordelia is a touch know psychic who works for the league and has her own magical baggage. Brenden is a banshee, which is a bit of a surprise since all the other paranormal stories I read seemed to indicate that was a female-only club. These two don't necessarily hit it off right away, but the town has magical properties - not just from the rift.

The big story in this book deals with what has been causing the rift. Brenden's ability to be, well, dead, gives him the ability to handle the artifact, and Cordelia is tasked with "talking" to it. It wouldn't be Mystic Bayou if something nefarious wasn't going on, so we handle the drama, all with the ooey gooey (pie-filled) magic that make up the character's we've come to know and love. Seriously, I'd listen to 100 of these books, just to get more of them. And the pie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment