Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Review: Boundary Crossed

Boundary Crossed Boundary Crossed by Melissa F. Olson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy the world that these books all take place in, so it was nice to discover another person who we can follow around on their journey. I actually expected more connections between this series and the previous one, but I still really enjoyed this introduction.

Lex recently lost her sister (who you might recognize from the previous series) and has been working her butt off to try to fit into society (sort of). She is active in her family, takes special care of her niece, and has a steady job. Everything gets turned upside-down when she stops an attempted kidnapping of her niece by some super strange folks. Oh, and she gets stabbed enough to make her heart stop. Turns out, this isn’t the first time Lex should have died, and that really makes the doctors scratch their heads. The supernatural community, always on the lookout, end up sending Quin (a vampire) to check her out. Along with being pretty much impossible to kill, she also can’t be “pressed” by vampires, and has a very special niece. Throw all these things together and a whole bunch of people are suddenly way too interested in Lex’s life.

As a character, I am loving Lex. The only thing that I have some hesitation on is the need for her to have any sort of romantic entanglement. While it’s not a huge part of the story, I still really appreciate a nice tough chick who can hold her own and Lex is certainly that. I’m really interested to see where she goes overall in this set of books and can’t wait to see what other misadventures await our new inductee to the Old World.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment