Friday, December 29, 2023

A Court of Wings and Ruin

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don’t even know where to begin with this book because there was so much in it! While I definitely enjoyed the previous book more than this one, it certainly did wrap up some loose ends (not all, though!).

Remember where we left Feyre at the end of the previous book? Well she’s there and it’s just as terrible as you’d imagine. She’s hiding all sorts of secrets under this pretend-timid person, trying to gather information, get involved in enemy planning adventures, all while also planting seeds of doubt in the spring court. It’s really not that hard since there’s been enough neglect being shown by their ruler. Don’t worry, though, we don’t have to spend too much time here. Does Feyre make choices that make me want to throw the book? Yes. Does she also somehow get to her end goal? Also, yes. So I guess that’s a win?

All of that scheming and plotting takes us to the biggest part of the book - WAR. This book really is a huge lead up and then battle. Oh, there’s smutty goodness, lies, betrayal, shocking decision, more characters than you can remember, and an ending that also had me throwing the book, only to take it back. It really puts you through a rollercoaster ride of emotion that ends somewhere I can live with. Like I said at the start, we get to a good resolution to the war storyline (I hope for now) but we still have some things to resolve in future books. Mostly in the romance category but also in things like who the new world will play out. Also, we got one silly loose end play out in a very “MacGuffin ” sort of way. I still like the world, but have some notes now, whereas the previous book just left me a lot more settled somehow.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment