Sunday, May 15, 2022

Invoking Infinity

Invoking Infinity (Archivist, #1)Invoking Infinity by Meghan Ciana Doidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to start this book after struggling with the prequel (book 0). The Dusk we get in this book, however, is AWESOME. She might be my new favorite character, with so much room to grow!

So, if you read book 0, you already know the deal with Dusk & Sisu coming to Dublin to pretend to be witches (not dragons), manage the archive, and essentially spy on the other adepts for the guardians. While we get a brief cameo from Pearl, that's all the connection we get here and the book really doesn't need more. Dusk is a powerhouse and shows us from her first day at work how things are going to change. I love watching her grown and develop at an alarming rate, along with all her magical friends and finds.

Sisu is also a highlight in this book, which is a high praise from me about a kid character. He is adorable and leaves me with a smile on my face after each passage he's in. Have they been through some stuff? Sure - but the way they are handling it is amazing. Last but not least is Kellan, where there are some serious slow burn vibes, but no smutty goodness. I have high hopes that something will happen here, but we shall see. The complicated political drama of shifters, witches, and (secret) dragons is somehow not too much when coupled with the story of this archivist. I can't wait to see what Dusk gets up to now that she's survived her first week of work and managed to keep her assignment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment