Sunday, May 15, 2022

Awakening Infinity

Awakening Infinity (Archivist, #0)Awakening Infinity by Meghan Ciana Doidge
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a little bit obsessive when it comes to a series, so when I saw that this was a "book 0" in the new spinoff of the adept world, I added it to my kindle.

This short book was tough. It gives you all new characters only loosely in this existing world of characters, but then the details just keep coming. I had a hard time getting invested in Dusk and Sisu (who now, 2 books in - I love!), and learning the intricacies of the archive, archivists, and the family dynamics was a little bit much to swallow easily. Maybe it's just me, but I had to really drag myself through this story. As a person who powered through (and then rapidly gobbled up the next 2 books), this story does answer some lingering questions you may have in the series, but maybe it's better placed as a book#1.1, when you've already developed a certain fondness for Dusk's logical mind?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment