Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sweet Ruin

Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #15)Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't think I even know how to rate these books anymore. I was, however, a little surprised that 15 books in, we are meeting 2 brand new people to follow as the only main characters. Sure, there's Nix and some familiar faces, but Josephine & Rune are both brand new to me.

So - Josephine is a girl who is really rough around the edges. She was forced to grow up fast when she found herself taking care of her baby brother while on the streets or in foster care. She also had a special ability to attract trouble, which is how she ended up thrust into the paranormal community against her will. She can do "wicked strong" things, and ends up having to force herself away from her little brother to protect him. Fast forward to meeting the "bringers of doom" that we heard about previously. They're coming for Earth, but in advance of that, Rune is sent to scout things out and then to take out a big player.

When Rune and Josephine meet it isn't all hearts and rainbows. These two *struggle* but it's pretty fun to watch. The sizzle is there, and it's not as bad as other consent issues I've had with the series. The big struggle is with some "whoring" that comes up now and again. And, ya know, Josephine is... rough. Other than that, I feel like we are relatively back on track for the series. You can see the puzzle pieces moving around now, getting ready for war.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment