Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Dragon Spawn

Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)Dragon Spawn by Eileen Wilks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit that I finished this book a little while ago, but was so mad that I left this review to simmer.

Now that I've had time to think, I'm still not happy, but can at least review the rest of this. This book? It's like one big battle. We all knew that the ending of the previous book would leave us some loose ends to tie up. This book tries to come back around and tie them up, but we are left with a really huge cliffhanger. Like the type that makes you throw your kindle across the room. We don't know how anyone is left really at the end here, don't know where we are going in the next book and in general it was just unsatisfying.

The road leading up to the cliffhanger? It was good, but very, very heavy on the buildup to this big showdown we were going to get. While the showdown did happen, and I enjoyed the Lily character development, it was a little heavy for me to get through. Something about the balance in this book made me feel like I was reading a separate novella or a different series. For someone who has been eagerly devouring this series, I will probably take a break here to let this settle and then dive in to hopefully finish (?) the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment