Thursday, May 16, 2019

Review: The Wild Heart of Stevie Nicks

The Wild Heart of Stevie Nicks The Wild Heart of Stevie Nicks by Rob Sheffield
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m not sure what I was expecting from this audiobook, but this was not it. I knew next to nothing about Stevie Nicks other than what I assumed by watching the Fleetwood Mac reunion show and some of American Horror Story. That being said, I now can say that I know a lot more about her, but most of it was a bit redundant. We start with her after she is already set on her path to becoming a rock star. We don’t get much information about her early life, except in anecdotes.

So, why am I “meh” about this one? I’m probably spoiled, having listened to audiobooks read by the person they are about, or by really engaging narrators. This was like listening to a book report on Stevie Nicks, done by a super fan. Sure, I love her music, too, but this was a bit over the top. If you’re looking for a cheap/free overview of Stevie Nicks, this is worth the time invested. I guess I was just hoping for more of a story, rather than a report.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment