Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Review: I See You

I See You I See You by Meghan Ciana Doidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books are great, and it’s really nice to flip back and forth between the Oracle books and the Dowser ones. Just when I reach my threshold with one, we get the other, and vice-versa. We join Rochelle after she’s spent some time without her visions, but all good things must come to an end.

Rochelle is developing (or re-developing) powers of all sorts from magic tattoos to ominous visions. She is finally stepping into her full power, unfortunately it’s with some ugly visions about someone Beau knows. In this story we get a more in depth view of Beau’s troubled past, complete with all the horrible things you could imagine. While Rochelle’s motivations are good and genuine, I was ultimately rooting for the foretold death by about halfway through the book. Some people are just determined to be mean and awful.

One bonus in this story was Kandy (and I guess Blackwell?). Kandy’s just as snarky and awesome as she tries to navigate Rochelle’s insane world. I think Rochelle and Beau could use more of that in their otherwise wonderful relationship, so it was a welcome addition. This trio was fun to watch, but I did miss the cupcakes. I will continue to read anything from this world, no matter how much I end up rooting for people to die. Something about the wonderful construction of these “bad guys” (in the non-traditional sense) makes me wildly angry. Cupcakes help.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment