Friday, March 15, 2019

Review: Pie Hard

Pie Hard Pie Hard by Kirsten Weiss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, admittedly I am joining this series late in the game. I saw this book pop up and who could refuse the title “Pie Hard” (especially when you’re an avid Die Hard and pie fan)? I don’t think it was too hard to catch up and join the series already in progress. It could easily be a standalone story.

So what is “Pie Hard”? It’s apparently a reality TV show that goes into failing pastry shops and uses an expert pastry chef and TV personality to make things all better. Val, an owner of one such shop, is surprised to learn that not only did her employee lie to the production company about them being co-owners, but she also signed them up for this! The camera crew surprises Val on an early morning, which just so happens to be the same morning that a crew of goddess worshippers show up on her property for a retreat (involving a yurt).

Val’s life is obviously crazy, but is made even crazier when people involved in “Pie Hard” end up getting murdered. As the resident, un-licensed detective, she feels compelled to help solve this mystery. I was completely sucked in and absolutely did not guess the correct murderer. Maybe I’m a crappy detective, but this made me feel even more involved and gave this story extra credit for stumping me. I really enjoyed the story, the characters, and the overall mystery and would definitely check out other books in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment