Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review: Monster in My Closet

Monster in My Closet Monster in My Closet by R.L. Naquin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Admittedly, I started this series almost at the end and then flagged it as “to-read” at a later date from the beginning. I was reminded of this at some point and now here I am! Enough time has passed that I don’t really remember where the series ends up, which makes the beginning that much better.

The main character, Zoey, finds her world turned upside-down when the closet monster of her nightmares needs a place to stay while going through a marital separation. This is only the tip of the iceberg as soon “monsters” of all sorts show up on her property asking for help. As a newly diagnosed empath, Zoey hardly ever says no, and these cases are no exception. Equipped with little to no knowledge of the “hidden,” she still manages to muddle through this rather crowded life until an incubus, drawn by her gifts, starts murdering women she meets.

As the co-owner of a bridal business, it’s kind of important that women around her not die. It’s also got something to do with Zoey’s unwavering morals that she thrusts herself in the line of fire to save those around her. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with her and Maurice (and even the questionable Riley) and can’t wait to see what antics they all get up to. Will Zoey mix her normal life with her monster one? Will I find out how you can get a closet monster housekeeper (they sound awesome!)? Will Zoey’s love life blossom in future installments? I love this universe already!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment