Thursday, June 7, 2018

Review: Kitty Saves the World

Kitty Saves the World Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the last book of the series and it is a very satisfying one. After all of the strategy and bad decisions along the way, it all comes down to this one final stand, and all your favorites make an appearance.

I’m a little conflicted on this one. Sure, I could have read a few more books in this series, especially if they were from Cormac’s point of view, but this ending novel certainly does the series justice. After all of this talk of the “end game” it has finally come to this one final battle. At the end of the previous book (which, jeez, if you haven’t read that, what are you doing here?!) we knew that there was going to be a trap. Since that trap happens in the first part of the book, you can kind of guess that things don’t go so smoothly (do they ever, for Kitty?). Dux Bellorum isn’t the long game orchestrator that can be easily beaten, or they’d have done it a hundred times by now.

There’s some betrayal, a lot of familiar faces that I was so very happy to see, and it all ends up… saving the world (obviously). The actions and twists in this book made me a little less bitter about the last Kitty-centric book’s pointlessness. We have definitely been slowly building to something and that something ends up being pretty big. In the end, while not everyone makes it out alive, enough do that it can be called a solid happy ending. There was one big loose end that I had some trouble with in that we don’t get to see where Cormac actually ends up in his life. I feel like he was one of my favorites and could definitely get his own spin off. Please?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment