Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: My Name is Agnes

My Name is Agnes My Name is Agnes by Kelly Brookbank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was definitely a book unlike the other books on my kindle (a witch from another planet?!). From start to finish, I really wasn't sure where we were going next.

Soooo, where to start? This book kind of meanders towards its ultimate destination (which is not exactly a solid ending). We begin in current day, with Agnes telling her tale with wit and humor. She owns a coffee shop, is great with customers, and super protective of her friends. There is also a love interest in the form of a frequent customer. Throw in some employee ex-boyfriend stalking action, a talking bat shapeshifter witch friend and you've got a general idea of Agnes's current world.

This story is interspersed with a dramatic story about her friend from back in the day (a seriously long time ago). I guess the two stories kind of mirror one another in a way, but ultimately this book read like a two story anthology. I was a little shocked when the book ended and found myself wishing for a more solid story ending. Does Agnes end up with a nice HEA? I guess she does? She really grew on me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment