Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Review: Kitty Rocks the House

Kitty Rocks the House Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was fun but frustrating. While Kitty has indeed grown on me, her skill at avoiding confrontation and making excuses never fails to surprise me.

We join Kitty back at home. She’s still the same reluctant pack leader that she’s always been but the commitments and frustrations just keep building. You know that something will eventually try to break her, but I would have never expected it would be some fresh faced new pack member. Who knew so many of my buttons could be pushed by him? If I could have reached through my kindle and strangled him, I would have.

Aside from that frustration, there was also some political and Long Game related things happening. Rick, who has been somewhat of the reliable sidekick for most of Kitty’s insanity, has suddenly become unreliable. I was sad to watch this change happen and have no idea where it will leave Kitty in the future. Will she make some stupid mistakes now? How is her politics game going to be? I guess that pretty much sums up my feelings about this book – unsettled. I’m hoping the next few books will leave me with a more complete picture of things to come.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment