Thursday, January 11, 2018

Review: Hot Blooded

Hot Blooded Hot Blooded by Donna Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m not so sure why I keep jumping around in this series. I’ve only read a few of these books, but all in a different order. That being said, I don’t think it’s that difficult to catch up quickly at the start of each book. They almost read as a standalone books.

With very few of the Dragon Kings taking mates, the idea of finding their one true love is still novel. Laith is determined to avoid such entanglements until he meets Iona. Iona is only in town to deal with her recently deceased father’s estate. She’s a world traveling photographer, paid to go just about everywhere to take photos. Taking a break and returning to her father’s house is like going back in time. She’s been estranged from her father since her mother removed her from the house at a young age. Now, she wishes she’d been clued in. There are all sorts of strange happenings, mysterious circumstances surrounding her father’s death, and the captivating Laith in her life now.

Laith and Iona might fight their attraction, but it’s easy for everyone to see that they are meant for one another. On top of their romance, there’s the secret of what Iona’s land guards, some bad guys roaming around causing trouble, the side story of Rhys and his struggle, and, you know, dragons. All of this rolls into an entertaining read that has me once again wondering why I don’t just read this series from start to finish.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment