Friday, April 28, 2017

Review: Luther's Return

Luther's Return Luther's Return by Tina Folsom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Remember Luther? Okay, to be honest, I didn’t really remember him. Turns out we met him way back in the day and since I read these books at random intervals, I had to really refresh my memory. This book is the first in a new set, taking place a handful of years beyond where the previous book ended. The benefit? This gives us a new generation of vampires, while still keeping the original ones in play.

Katie we have apparently heard of before, too. She’s the sister of guys who have played major roles in previous books. She hasn’t gotten her mate, so that obviously leaves her “up for grabs.” She has befriended and taken under her wing the very familiar daughter of Samson and has cast her in a starring role of a play. With all the familiar faces in attendance, and a much older Blake running the security, she somehow manages to get kidnapped. Too bad for Luther, this also happens to occur when he wanders into town after his prison release.

Coincidence is never something that the Scanguards vampires acknowledge, so this throws Luther into a pretty big mess. That doesn’t appear to matter to Katie, though, as she is instantly smitten with the bad boy. Talk about sizzle! While I was eager to see Samson get his daughter back, I was more interested in these two Romeo and Juliet types to work it out. This was a nice redemption story that I completely wasn’t expecting. I can’t wait to see what the author does with this “time hop.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment