Thursday, November 10, 2016

Review: Weregirl

Weregirl Weregirl by C.D. Bell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It looks like I actually only got 1/3 of the book as a preview, so that’s what this review is based upon. Honestly, I’ve had books that end way more abruptly exactly where this copy cut off so I don’t think the stopping point really changed my enjoyment of the start of this book.

Nessa is a quiet, determined, and independent teenager. She’s already trying to plan her future and how she will afford college, but her only real option appears to be through sports. Her sport of choice is cross-country, and she’s been training hard, but it looks like she’s still not good enough to qualify. In an effort to get to the next level, she accepts the star cross-country runner’s invitation to run at night through the woods. This, it turns out, changes her life but it’s not necessarily for the better.

I’m sure that eventually Nessa will have some sort of love interest/romance/high school crush, but it’s unclear where that will go with this piece of the book. The characters are interesting and I’m definitely rooting for the plucky Nessa. I’m not sure how the polluting company will tie in, but maybe there’s a reason there are mysterious wolves in the area? It would be interesting to see where all this ends up.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment