Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: Father Mine

Father Mine Father Mine by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was nice to go back in time and revisit the Zsadist/Bella storyline. While I know that things end up good (as they almost always do for the BDB), it was definitely worth a read for completion sake. We join Zsadist and Bella right after the birth of their daughter, Nalla. If you thought watching Bella and Zsadist battle through his abuse and aversion to touch, it is even more difficult to watch the same thing happen with his baby girl, Nalla. There are layers upon layers of trauma in Zsadist’s head, and none of it would be an issue if he could articulate these things to Bella.

Bella, being the strong woman and new mother that she is, knows that it will only hurt her child more if she continues to let her endure a father who won’t even reach for her. While heartbreaking, she’s willing to take the risk until a horrible night brings everything into perspective. This short story reminded me why I love this series and convinced me to dive back in where I left off.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment