Sunday, February 22, 2015

Review: Bewitched (Otherworld Stories, #0.06)


Bewitched (Otherworld Stories, #0.06)
Bewitched (Otherworld Stories, #0.06) by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have to say, I wish I had read this short story before I read the Eve-centric book. It might have helped me like her a little more and understand some of her motivations.

This short story is truly wonderful at twisting the preconceived notions I had about both Eve and Kristof based on the horrible events of the first few books in the Otherworld series. Eve is early in her career as a dark witch, Kristof is trying to find his way in this Cabal world as a single father, and the two of them meet over mutual needs. Kristof ends up hiring Eve to secretly teach him witch magic while also (unbeknownst to Eve) taking care of Eve's bad guy problem. The two of them are both a little bit broken when it comes to regular relationships, so it seems that they would have no problem keeping it strictly professional. Luckily it doesn't stay that way for long and we get to see more and more of their feelings emerging.

I can't stress enough how important this story is to truly enjoying Kris and Eve *so much* more than strictly the books can accomplish. If I could do it over again, I would certainly try to read these stories and books with the order numbers correct.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment