Sunday, April 17, 2022

Wicked Abyss

Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #17)Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While better than some of the more recent books, this is still pretty similar to some of the lesser installments.

We get back to the "bringers of doom" storyline with a deep dive into Sian. He's kind of a jerk, but I guess the trauma associated with losing his mate and transforming into a demon will do that to a guy. His mate has finally reincarnated into Lila, a princess of sorts who is going through a rough patch. Exiled to the human world, she's made her way and has an unkillable spirit. Kind of literally.

These two were really nicely matched for wits but Sian was just not a prize in the end. While I am really happy to get Lila's story, as with most of these books, I feel like she could do much better. She ends up shining brighter in this book than the guy I think we were supposed to be rooting for. I'm still hoping for a book where both the guy and girl and worthy of a nice pairing. Maybe next book?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment