Saturday, December 4, 2021

The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's

The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's (Sam Quinn #2)The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's by Seana Kelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm obsessed with this series. It took all my strength not to dive right into the next book and instead take time to digest this one and then savor the next.

We join Sam as we left her - still dating Clive, the vampire leader, and still trying to figure out her witchy skills. I love her as a main character. She takes no BS from Clive and doesn't use her place as his girlfriend to do anything other than feed herself a *TON* of food. She's my type of gal and reading this book definitely made me hungry. So, this book is a little bit of a roadtrip book of sorts. It may start in Clive's lair, but after yet another attack (a remnant from the machinations from book 1) they end up going to New Orleans. Sigh - the food is so good.

Sam and Clive are determined to work together, no matter how one or the other fights it. Sure, there's some usual martyr scenes, but they resolve quickly enough that I forgave the book for them. In general, they are definitely getting better at compromise and Sam is certainly learning a lot. She's making new friends of different paranormal species, stretching her witchy muscles, and being a real hero in this book. I love her more and more as these books go along, so look forward to the next one even more, now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment