Sunday, August 22, 2021

The Brightest Embers

The Brightest Embers (Broken Destiny, #3)The Brightest Embers by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book probably lands somewhere between 3 and 4 stars in my ratings, but I rounded up. Having gone through the trauma here, it gets another star.

This is the final installment in this series and, jeez, we have been put through it! Between break ups, make ups, assumed deaths, surprise betrayals, and all manner of other thing, we finally get to the end of this saga. Ivy has grown, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I enjoy her character more. Her second guessing and crying filled most chapters, especially towards the end. At some points, I was rooting for the bad guy more than her, which is just sad.

So - where's the good? Well, Brutus for one. He is a star of this series. His story arc had me hooked more than the main two characters. I mean, I get it, Adrian and Ivy are supposed to be star-crossed lovers, etc. etc. but there was like no break coming anytime soon for these two. Brutus, I can get behind. Even Ivy's sister started to grow on me. The story ends probably exactly how you would expect, but there is a lot of back and forth progress between the start and end. I'm not really sure what else to highlight here - we got through it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment