Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: The Dark of Twilight

The Dark of Twilight The Dark of Twilight by Kate Danley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this book for free because I am absolutely in love with the author’s other series. Something about this one just didn’t do it for me. Maybe it was the period (it’s filled with castles and old-timey-ness) or maybe it was the characters – I’m not sure what turned me off about it. Either way, I think this is my last of the series.

The story follows Aein, a female warrior who has worked her way up from the orphan kitchen girl to a protector of her Lord Arnkell. While on her first assignment to the creepy swampland they encounter a horrible beast that forces Aein and her partner, Lars, to split up to go for help and protect the land. When Aein returns, it seems that the monsters have followed her back. With werewolves taking over the castle, she’s forced to trust herself and her newfound companion to do what is right.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment